Tags: The Ultimate Book Tag
I was tagged by April @Seriesous Book Reviews.
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I don’t. i did a lot of reading in the car when I was younger going on vacation and trips with the family.
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I love the writing style of Patricia Briggs. I love how she brings the world of Mercy Thompson to life, and weaves the different elements together.
- Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. 1. I love witches and wizards. 2.I finished the Harry Potter series, and used to discuss them with my oldest nephew. 3. I was never a fan of the whole sparkly vampire world.
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I do carry a book bag. I have a notebook , phone charger, pen, pencil, any paperwork that I need at the time, and my kindle.
- Do you smell your books?
Yes, I do. I love the smell of books.
- Books with or without little illustrations.
Both, as long as the book is good, I really don’t care if they have illustrations or not.
- What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Ashley Parker series. Plague Town, Plague nation, Plague World. This is a series kind of like the Walking Dead. The first book started out a little slow, but picked up later.
- Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I really don’t have one from when I was younger, only one from when I was in High School. I was reading in my room on my bed., I was so engrossed in the book by David Eddings. There was this part where they were fighting in the woods and the wizard or sorcerer made the branches and twigs come to life on the floor of the woods. They were grabbing at the heroes, and my brother came in put his hand on my leg and scared the crap out of me. I thought the branches had come out of the book and grabbed me.
- What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
A book of poetry.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The complete works of William Shakespeare.
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write as well. I am currently working on a children’s book with my sister, and I have 2 other books that I am working on. I do see myself as an author in the future.
- When did you get into reading?
I got into reading at a very young age. As soon as I was able to read, I was reading everything in site.
- What is your favorite classic book?
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare.
- In school what was your best subject Language Arts/English?
History was my best subject, then English.
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would keep it on my shelf for a while, then I would trade it in for credit at my local book store that takes used books.
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I cannot think of a series right now that is similar.
- What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I do a lot of procrastination. I always put things of on another day. I have some reviews that I need to write, but I always think of something else is more important to do. So, now I am behind on reviews.
- What is your favorite word?
I don’t think I have a favorite word.
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Definitely a nerd. I have the whole comic book collection and everything.
- Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. They are so noble and their cast system is really fascinating.
- Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. The ability to change into something else would be great. To fly or run really fast, or the freedom to roam around with no worries.
- Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. I think the ability to talk to other pack members without actually talking would be a great thing to have.
- Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. I could not do that mindless, shambling that zombies do. With Vampires you would not have to worry about decomposing and smelling bad.
- Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. I can barely handle one love, and two would be too much for me.
- And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with a few love scenes mixed in. A full on romance kinda bores me, I like action in it with some humor thrown in also.
Thanks again April! This was a lot of fun!
I just picked a few blogs to tag but please don’t feel obligated to do this tag (especially if you were tagged before!)! Also, anyone can do this tag so feel free to tag yourself Just leave me a link back so I can see your response!
Leigh@ So I read this book today