Whether you’re a budding blogger or web development professional, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites—if you know how to tap its impressive features. This jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress and its themes, plug-ins, and widgets to build just about any website you can imagine, from a classy blog to a basic e-commerce site.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create a blog. Get a free WordPress.com account, choose the right theme, and start publishing content.
- Build a website. Produce a professional-looking business site by customizing a WordPress theme.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of WordPress widgets and plug-ins to extend your site’s features.
- Mix in multimedia. Include slideshows, video clips, webcasts, podcasts, and music players.
- Involve your readers. Let readers leave comments, contribute to your site, and carry on a dialog.
- Build an audience. Learn search-engine optimization, measure your reader’s favorite pages, and publicize your site.
- Create a community. Use social media tools such as “Like” and sharing buttons, and provide RSS feeds of your posts.
BOOK DESCRIPTION COURTESY OF AMAZON
This is great for anyone who is thinking about starting a blog or already has one. If you already have a WordPress blog and you want to learn how to customize it but just don’t know how or where to start, WordPress the Missing Manual will help even the novice user. I actually used the manual myself to customize this site using this manual. It was easy to use and explained everything to were you could understand it. It explained the differences of wordpress.com and wordpress.org and what you could and couldn’t do on each one. The different screenshots help to explain everything very well. Everyone can benefit from this book. I still use this book when I come across a problem, because I know I will be able to find it fast and be able to resolve the issue. So if you need something to help you to start your blog or just to tweek it a little, WordPress the Missing Manual is the book for you. I give this book 5/5 stars.
Here is a link on some videos on the wordpress site on how to work some of the plug-ins and other great things on wordpress. http://wordpress.tv/category/how-to/
- Master The Art Of Blogging With WordPress (becomeseoexpert.wordpress.com)
- 5 Things that Make Your WordPress Site Run Slow and How to Fix Them (smallbiztrends.com)